Friday, January 24, 2014

Walking the Road…..

The road to Emmaus: was traveled often and by many.  This day; this day was different.  A great tragedy had fallen and the people were feeling bereft, abandoned, alone.

Sound familiar?  Have you ever been walking down a road only to look around and see that you are alone?  Have you been left feeling bereft? Alone? Abandoned?

It is all a lie….. take heart my friends.  For as we journey to our Emmaus we are walking with the lover of our hearts.

Look at Luke 24:13-15

13 Now that same day two if them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem.  14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened.  15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;

Have you ever noticed this scripture?  Taken in the significance of what is being said?

Jesus walked along with them.  My mind can barely begin to grasp all the wondrous beauty and blessings contained here.

Yes, He ascended to prepare us a place.  Yes, He is waiting with the Father to call us home.  No, we are not left to walk alone.

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever

John 14:26
And the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

My heart is over flowing with joy, tears streaming down my face, for what my mind cannot grasp, the Spirit is revealing to my spirit so that I might walk in fulness with my Father.

Grasp His hand, gaze into His face, and just enjoy boots walking a dusty path strolling with the Father.

2 comments:

  1. Halleluiah, Halleluiah, for I have discovered the Holy Spirit living in me and it has been the best blessing I can remember in a long long time.. I lean on him and hold tightly for his comfort is UNBELIEVABLE! Praise God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete