Saturday, January 25, 2014

No longer weak!

All to often, I allow circumstances to cause me to feel powerless.   As if I am caught in a vortex of pain and hopelessness with nothing I can do but "buckle in for the ride".  That has got to be one of the greatest lies told by the enemy.  It is great because I so readily buy into the deception of being weak and powerless.

I must remember that I am a child of the one true King!!  The great creator God!  Alpha and Omega!  The great I Am!!  The merciful Jehovah Jireh!  How can I for a moment, believe that my Father would leave me anything except for filled with His power, endowed with His character, and blessed with the working of the Holy Spirit in and through me?  Ridiculous for me to be so easily duped.

In Acts 1:7-8 He spells it out plain as day for us ~ "He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by His own authority.  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Wow!!  Are you hearing what the Father is telling me?  For He is telling you, and you, and yes, you, the very same thing!

The Holy Spirit will come up on you!  This is not a special gift give to a few but is a filling that happens the instant you choose to enter into relationship with the Father.  Keep reading!  It only gets better!!!  I have a "Jerusalem" that I am to be a witness to!  "Where is that" you might ask.  Jerusalem is where ever I may be….  work, family, friends, shopping, wherever I may go in life.  I am to be a witness in DEED not just by running my mouth.  My every action should scream the love of Christ so loudly that no one around can proclaim that they never heard of Him.

Sounds a bit over whelming doesn't it?  Not really…. not if I receive the prior sentence as the truth that it is.  I will have power when the Holy spirit has come upon me.  It is mine.  I already have it!!!  I don't have to do anything, act any way to get it.  I walk in power daily!!!

We walk in hope because we know the One who is hope.  We walk in joy because we know the One who is joy.  Most of all, we walk in love because He is Love….   We are called to be ministers, to be servants, to be healers…..

Hold your head high!  For we walk in the victory that Christ has already won for us and we walk in power.  Be blessed as you travel the road before you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment