Friday, January 10, 2014

Martha developing a Mary heart

Today I was reading along in Luke 10 and came to vs 41 ~ "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "You are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed - indeed only one.  Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken from her."

Many times during my life I have read this verse and participated in various studies / sermons based upon this one verse.  Yet, today, God is bringing me yet another aspect to this which I need to apply to my life.

I am a Martha by nature.  If it needs to be done, I jump in and get it done.  If someone needs help, nothing pleases me more than to walk through life with them and help them.  I am a doer, plain and simple.

Our culture, for the most part, rewards the Martha's of this world.  Those who go, do, push, and keep pushing.

But then there is Mary.  Precious Mary who sat quietly at the feet of our Lord redeeming the time to spend in worship of our Savior.

All too often, myself, along with others choose…   Will we be a Martha today or a Mary?  Both were women of virtue.  Both are treasured by our Lord.  Both are needed in this life.

But then God spoke to me this morning….  "Child, you are a Martha for I have created you so.  Now allow me to develop the heart of Mary within You.  That you, too, may choose what is better."

You see, He is calling me to have the heart of Mary where my first longing and choice will always be His presence, His will, and His calling.  So as I serve as Martha, the heart of Mary will be prevalent in all I do.

I can see now that this will take much time upon my knees in His presence with mouth shut, head bowed, and heart wide open to allow Him to work fully within me that Potters Hand that continues to mold me to more fully reflect Him.

Take a moment as your boots are walking and seek His molding in your life….  The peace and joy that it ushers in will be worth the pain of the shaping!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Katrina, just as your soul is beautiful to Our Lord! Thank you

    ReplyDelete