Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Punch in the Face

Let's continue our defense by proceeding on to the next step.....

Resist Escape

Today we learn about escape.  This is a bit of a new one to me.  You see, in my mind, escape means that the responsibility for the temptation / trial has been taken off of me.  Hmmmmm.... not quite the case.  In thinking back, that was kind of silly of me....

We escape by means of God's Word.  Scripture.  1 Corinthians 10:13 shows God's promise to provide a way of escape.  And He did!

Just look at the life of Christ.  Every time He was tempted, He would raise his shield of faith and cut down Satan with the sword of the Spirit by quoting the word of God.  Ephesians 6:17

Wow...not sure why I keep forgetting that I have fully loaded, never ending magazine (the Bible) with which to shoot the enemy down.

What if the thoughts that are being brought to you are telling you that you are unloved?  You will fail?  We simply pick up the gun, aim, point, and fire!
   "God proved His love for me when Christ died for me"  Romans 5:8
   "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

There we have it... block, counter, kick, and a PUNCH TO THE FACE!  So take that!!

If you would like a list of Spiritual Ammo..... just give me a shout and I would be happy to share that with each of you....

Now go out there, resist/escape, and live a life filled with the peace of God!!

Bye for now my friends......

No comments:

Post a Comment