Thursday, October 20, 2016

Appeal by Faith

Resist Escape Search Plead

Our fourth journey is plead.  Plead (appeal by faith) the blood of Jesus when we go to Him, admit our sin, and ask for His forgiveness.

We are human and sometimes we allow emotion to tell us a lie that just cannot be true no matter how we let it rule our hearts.  God is ALWAYS faithful to forgive us when we ask and to wash us clean.

We must learn to rest in that!  Forgiven believers who don't believe they are forgiven, will not act like believers.  Does that make sense?  What I am saying is this.... if we allow our feelings of failure or apology rule our hearts instead of allowing God's forgiveness to come in and cleanse us, then it is oh so easy to say, "well I messed up already anyways" and continue along a path you really don't want to be on.

God has said you are forgiven, so do not all Him a liar in your heart by believing you are not.  Just as the Lord instructed Peter, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean" (Acts 10:15).

Yes we fall and we fail....  I, myself, am rather exceptional at it.  But in spite of it all, God loves me, sees my repentant heart, and washes me clean.  IF I accept that forgiveness, then He can continue to work in me, grow me, and strengthen me to continue on the path that He has chosen for me.

So remember my friends the very old hymn, there is power in the blood, and pick your head up, smile, and rest in the forgiveness that is yours.

love and hugs to you all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment