Thursday, October 13, 2016

Looking at Self

Here we go with the third part.....

Resist Escape Search

We must always search out unconfessed sin.  Yuccckkk.... can't say I even like how that starts out.

Let's be honest.  None of us "likes" to admit any wrong on our part.  It isn't pleasant, it doesn't feel good, and we just plain ol' don't like to do it.

I stopped to allow God to be brutally honest with me (not high on my list of favorite activities) and I discovered much about myself.  I like to think myself better than I am.  Well who doesn't?  I much prefer to paint a pretty picture of what I want to believe I am like and what I do than to sit with a humble heart and allow God to hold a mirror to show my true heart.

You know the true heart I am talking about.  That place in your heart that you guard and protect.  That place that no one, not even your closest friend, husband, family knows of.  That place that God and God alone see's.

You know what He is revealing to me?   This True Heart is the very seat of my relationship with Him, the core of my faith, the truest measure of my obedience to Him, and the clearest reflection of who I believe I am in Christ.

THIS IS A SCARY PLACE!  Not a fearful place but intimidating to allow falsehoods to fall from your eyes, peer deep into your heart through the eyes of One who see's it all and loves you completely not in spite of but rather because of what He alone sees.

Did you see how my mind and nature took me immediately to all the wrong that He would find there?  But God see's ALL of me.... ALL of you..... ALL of each of us.  The ONLY thing that can separate us is those sins that we allow to go free and not repent of.

So here I sit, taking them out, one by one, ashamed to my core but finding the richest mercy and grace that words cannot explain.  As much as my heart longs to share this utter peace, mercy that courses through, I just can't.  It can only be experienced.  It can only come when we allow ourselves to admit the wrong, turn from it, and give it all to God.

So don't be like me and shrink from God's searching but rather invite Him to come in and search your heart today.  Don't waste a minute!  Run to Him, and there find healing and rest for your weary heart.

Much love my friends.... so much love for each of you....

No comments:

Post a Comment