Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Poor Choices and Grace

I must enjoy the consequences that come from being hard headed and impatient.  :D  Said no one ever and least of all me!  But I have decided there must be truth in this as I am prone to stumbling more often than I care to in these two particular areas most of all.

In the not so distant past, I made a choice.  It turned out to be a poor choice.  (Don't you just hate those!)  The ensuing results were long and many and quite painful.

But you know what?  God is so very faithful that he doesn't leave me in such a place without doing two things.  Teaching me another lesson of what is missing in my growth in Him and as a person as well as giving me a great measure of grace to persevere to the end of that road.

The most recent lesson.  Well that lesson would be about how often I extend grace and mercy to those who have hurt or offended me.  I am just as guilty as the next person and I just love to put on those rose colored glasses when examining myself or my life but I have found that in the quiet moments of the morning, God does His best work when I lay the ugly out, acknowledge it, experience true heartbreak over the wrongness of it, and then turn and walk away never to return.

Those are the moments when God comes in with His grace, covers me with His blood, and as He holds me, shows me how I have not extended His mercy and grace to others.  The lesson isn't always pleasant but it ALWAYS is for my benefit and shows me once more how very much He cares for me. God doesn't always take away the consequences of our actions, but He does give us strength to endure, grace to share with others, and a way of escape with the time is come.

We are all going to do wrong yet still we are called to love others as God has loved us.  This must be forefront of my heart and mind when walking the road of life with those around me.  None of us are perfect, all of us are longing to be loved, and we all are in need of mercy and grace.

Happy travels my friend and try to take a lesson from me and steer clear of hard headed impatience!

:D

Your sister sojourner......


No comments:

Post a Comment