Friday, September 16, 2016

Distractions or Destruction???

Just Breathe....       Johnny Diaz

"Alarm clock screaming bare feet hit the floor
It’s off to the races everybody out the door
I’m feeling like I’m falling behind, it’s a crazy life
Ninety miles an hour going fast as I can
Trying to push a little harder trying to get the upper hand
So much to do in so little time, it’s a crazy life
It’s ready, set, go it’s another wild day..."

Sad to say, this is typical of my day, your day, the day that most of us live.  Day in, day out, Monday through Sunday this has become our lives.
Not only has this become our lives but this lifestyle has been exalted.  To be "busy" has become equal to a status of success, power, prominence, and more. In other words, it is lauded as something to be achieved.
But is it really?  Is it really all that?  I say no!!  I am too busy for a chat with a friend.  Too busy to acknowledge a child.  Too busy to share a laugh.  Too busy to comfort another.  Business is not a sign of achievement but rather a fore-shadowing of destruction to come.
You see, there is nothing the enemy loves more than to have us so busy (even on good and worthwhile things) that we have nothing left to give anyone most especially our God, our church, our families.
Perhaps it is time to put on the brakes, remember that God designed all of humanity for relationship.  Relationship with Him and relationship with others.
So I will ask you the same question that was asked of me this week.....
   To whom or what are you giving the best of your energy and strength?  
The simple truth is that if I have no energy left to serve God, then I am not walking in the covenant relationship that I have been called to.  My first love.  My greatest love.
So as you enter the work place, start the day with your young children, minister to your family, or prepare to lead your church..... Take time to JUST BREATHE.  Remember that God loves you and chose you and that our best energy and strength belong to Him first.
Johnny Diaz...
When the stress is on the rise in my heart I feel You say just
(chorus)
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe

So if you haven't listened to this wonderful song, grab YouTube and take a moment to be reminded of how God longs to breathe into our souls the words of life which prepare us for each step of every day.
Keep walking my friends and never forget that Faith wears Boots and walks the road that God has laid out.
much love...
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment