Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My Greatest Gift....

As the sun's rays begin to reach across the earth calling her to another day, the inhabitants are waking with cries of Merry Christmas.  Indeed, tis the season.... Christmas day is here upon us once more, blessing everyone with the joy of the season.

I promised to meet each of you here, coffee in hand, with a gift to share with you this beautiful Christmas morning.  A gift that I have been excitedly looking forward to share with you.

A gift ... one that is precious to my heart, one worthy to be shared with those I love, one that would perhaps give you a glimpse of love I have for each and every one of you.

When I look back upon the days of my life and all the gifts that have been given to me, there is one that stands out above all others.  One gift that was so unselfishly shared with me one cold day in Frankfurt, Germany.  Little did I know, that by accepting that one gift, my life would be forever changed.

So I invite you to join me in accepting the most wonderful gift that has ever been offered.

International Standard Version (©2012)
"For this is how God loved the world: He gave his unique Son so that everyone who believes in him might not be lost but have eternal life.   John 3:16

If it were possible, I would open my heart for all of you to see.  As I sit before the laptop seeking words that will convey all I long to share with you - emotions are warring for precedence within me.  You see, when I think on all that a relationship with Jesus Christ has been to me, words fail.  How can one begin to attempt to describe pure love?  Even a bard would sorely tested to find words within the vernacular of humanity to describe that which is not human but instead is divine.

For now, I will leave you with this.  It would be my great privilege and honor to share with each of you, personally, my experiences as I have walked in relationship with Jesus lo these past 42 years.

I will close this for now as I go to be with family.  Today, we join together to celebrate the birth of our Savior and as we do, you will be close in my prayers and my thoughts.

I pray that the sweet presence of God fills your homes today and all the days to come.

Merry Christmas everyone....

katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment