Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Offense, Offense she cried

No I am not screaming at football on the television.  Not that it couldn't be a very real possibility.  We all know I am a good Southern girl who loves her football.

Todays lesson learned..... You know the saying " the best defense is a good offense ?"  So do I.  But rarely do I think to apply that to my prayer life.  Or to my walk with Father God.

My power moment this morning during my studies was just this.  Don't just pray against hardship but pray God to bless, provide, and be glorified.

An example would be something along these lines....  Instead of just praying against divorce, ask God to make your marriage a beautiful picture of the gospel of Christ and His love for His bride, and that He will use you to minister to others and advance the kingdom through your loving relationship as husband and wife.

Yes, we do want to bind the evil that would come against us.  Yes we do want to claim the blood of Jesus Christ over the situation.  Yes, yes, yes.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good
Romans 4:17 But God who gives life to the dead, and calls those things which do not exist as though they do.

At the very same time, we want to call God and His promises - provision into the situation by praying lovingly.

My take away is this, do I get caught up in the situation at hand (problem) or do I look around to see the glory that God will receive as He works (solution)?

Let me begin today raising my eyes to the Father who works all things for the good of those that love Him and make praying offensively a part of my daily prayer life.

Praise God there is always hope, peace, joy, and the greatest of them all, LOVE!!!

Hugs folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment