Sunday, July 12, 2015

A walk through emotions led by faith

Sometimes when you quiet the noise of daily living, you must make listening to God's direction a priority. I wouldn't have chosen this particular day to take the emotional journey that was placed in front of me. I had "plans".  Plans to organize, clean, and simplify everything in the house.  God had plans as well.  His plan was to simplify my life, usher in peace, and bring about a greater depth of joy.  I have discovered that often times in my life, God will use something that is painful to bring about tremendous beauty if I will only allow the journey.

I don't know of any one that would willingly choose pain.  I am no different. Today, today I decided to allow faith to lead emotion and take a journey that has led me down every road of emotion I have ever known. Sorrow, joy, pain, anger, resentment, resignation, peace, and more has raced through me during the past four hours.  Honestly, I am exhausted.

Emotion led by faith.  To me, this means that I don't become stuck in any one emotion triggered by various occurrences in my life.  Instead, I choose to allow God to hold me close, protect my heart, and keep me moving forward into the blessings that only He can bring when I am obedient.

The blessings He gave me today?  He blessed me with freedom from past hurts and abuse.  He blessed me with forgotten precious moments. He blessed me with the ability to understand that although some may have caused me great pain, that they did indeed love me to the best that they were able in the realm of understanding that they had of that word. He blessed me!  He continues to bless me.

Now it is up to me to choose to live in those blessings and to not allow anything to arise and take my focus off of that.

God, you are my Jehovah Jireh, the healer of my heart!  How I love you so!!

Me....

No comments:

Post a Comment