Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Judge not... or should we?


Day - # today.....

<Smiles>  Now just so you know, I have not finally fallen off the edge.  We are however, about to take a detour.

Please hear my heart now, before another word is shared.  I readily include myself in all statements which will follow.  There is no judgement intended nor inferred in regards to anyone other than myself and society as a whole.  My heart has been breaking for a while now for the hurt being lived by so many - and being lived so needlessly.  With that having been said, let's begin.....

As I have been listening to conversations among fellow believers and conversations among those who are not believers, one universal topic seems to arise often:  the matter of judgement.

Matthew 7:1  New Living Translation (©2007)
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.

This verse seems to be a favorite among people everywhere and is quoted often.  Each time I have heard this verse referenced or judgement spoken of, my heart has become a little heavier.  Each time I find myself standing in the position of judgement, I die a little more.

God has birthed in my heart, hmmm... don't even know what to call it.  God has birthed in my heart a deep hurt for the subject of judgement, an even deeper conviction, as well as a desire to know and correctly interpret His will regarding such.  All too often I have been slow to respond to God's leading... sometimes because I just don't want to, but more often, because where He is leading is to an area of great discomfort.  So I am stepping out with this, umm -study I guess, in faith that God has a purpose, a plan, and a person for whom this is intended.

There is a truth that was shared with me long ago by a person of great spiritual maturity and wisdom.  Plucking a verse and applying it to your situation is not necessarily, correctly understanding God's intention.  In order to correctly discern God's will in any situation in our life, we are to put in place the following:
Prayer - remembering to listen as much as we speak,
Study - you must work to understand the circumstances in which He shared that particular verse in order to correctly interpret His meaning,
Counsel - seeking Godly counsel from a mentor, prayer partner, or accountability partner is often vital to stepping outside of the emotion of our circumstances and gaining Godly wisdom for our life.

Keeping these things in mind and moving on "toward the prize of His calling" (Philippians 3:14) we will spend a little time journeying together and learning what God has said in regards to judgement.

I seek and covet your prayers for wisdom and discernment during the days ahead and am so very grateful to share all that He is leading me to with each of you.  Walking together with fellow believers is the great joy of my life.

Hugs and love to you all...   Look up and see all the great blessings that our blessed Lord and most gracious Father has laid before you this day.

katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment